If there's ever a time for shiny, vibrant, luscious hair, it's summer. But like most people your locks may actually take a hit over the next few months. Sun and water can be damaging, leading to faded color, split ends and a brittle, dry texture. Below find more tips on how to protect your hair.
Customer Appreciation Day Cookout
Free Fun for Everyone!
Saturday, July 13, 2013 starting at 12pm - 5pm @ Shi-Shi's Lounge
Shi-Shi's Lounge customer appreciation day is an extra special event. Join us for FREE food, entertainment, giveaways, discounts and swag. We want to show our customers how much we appreciate your business. This day is for you our customers, so mark your calendar. This is an event you don't want to miss.
Protecting Your Hair in the Summer
Tips for Summertime Hair Care
1) Get a haircut. It's always best to get a trim before summer. The sun will do extra damage to hair that's already dry, so if you remove those dead ends, you'll be in better shape.
2) Start in the shower. If you've been out in the sun and forgot to protect your hair, you can still give it the nourishment it needs. Opt for a hydrating shampoo and conditioner.
3) Use UV-shielding products. These can help prevent highlighted hair from lightening too quickly and looking fried, and they can keep dark hair from turning brassy or red.
4) Dampen your locks. Spray some water on your hair before you go into the pool or ocean. It adds an extra layer of coating, so when you go swimming, your hair isn't as likely to absorb 100 percent of the chlorinated or salt water.
5) Choose strong hair bands. Summer heat practically demands we throw our hair back, and a ponytail with no part can even protect the scalp from exposure to the sun. Pulling it too tight can cause hair to break - or just "snap the hair off". Pulling your hair back when it's wet is even more damaging. Aim for loose buns and ponytails. Alternate - tie it low one day, high another and to the side the next. That way, you're not always stressing the same strands.
6) Wear a hat - or something cuter. It's one of the best ways to protect your hair from the sun's rays.
Dr.'s Corner- Camille I. Roberts, M.D.
Exfoliate for Cleaner, Smooth Skin
Exfoliation should be an integral part of your skin care routine. There are great exfoliating cleanser with glycolic acid that most people can tolerate using two to three times per week. Using a cleansing brush like Clarasonic brush along with you daily cleanser will take it to the next level. Those with sensitive skin need to be careful with exfoliating as it may cause irritation.
What it does: Exfoliation removes dead, dulling skin debris to prevent congestion and improve hydration from toners and moisturizers.
When: Perform in the mornings prior to toner, moisturizer, SPF and make-up application. Tip: Make-up will last longer on an exfoliated skin!
Don't forget: After you exfoliate, follow with a hydrating body cream to seal in moisture, and always shield freshly exfoliated skin with an SPF (as recommended by the FDA).
Dr. Roberts is board certified dermatologist and an active member of the Academy of Dermatology. She is the owner of The Dermatology Center on Grove Street, Worcester
If you have skin or hair questions for Dr. Roberts you can post them on our facebook page (www.facebook.com/shishisalon) or send them to us through "contact us" on our website (www.shishisalon.net)
Product Of The Month
Curls Paul Mitchell
*Replenishes moisture with
jojoba oil and hydrating natural
*Mushroom extract leaves hair soft, smooth and
*Crunch free formula leaves curls soft & touchable.
*Humidity resistant for perfectly frizz free styles
*Helps curls retain their bounce all day.
For more tips on how to manage your curly style click here .
Improved On-Line Booking
Our on-line booking system has improved. We need everyone to sign up at uppointment.com/shishi
You will receive an email to confirm your appointments. If you prefer to receive a text message to your phone, all you need to do is update your settings after your first email.
Customer Feedback Shi-Shi's Lounge loves and values our customers. We are still looking for feedback. Please go to our website, www.shishisalon.net and fill out our simple survey or use the "contact us" tab to let us know what a fabulous job we are doing or how we can improve.
Booking Your Appointments:
You can book your appointment several ways. You can click here or go to www.uappointment.com/shishi; www.shishisalon.net, www.facebook.com/shishisalon or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 36 hours for a response during regular business days. Of course you can always call us at 508-304-7870.
You can receive up to $35.00 off*, when you refer 3 of your family or friends.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask one of the staff members.
*Referrals incentive is only eligible after 3 people have received paid services.
The salon will be closed on JULY 4 & 5 in observance of Independence Day. We will reopen on July 6.
About the owner
Eurayshia (Ray-Ray) Williams Reed: Owner, Master Stylist/Esthetician/ Lashtician/ Associate Educator for Design Essentials.